The Musical Arts Center is a community-based music school located in O’Bryonville/Hyde Park serving the Greater Cincinnati area. The highest quality music education programs are offered for all ages:
Private lessons are available in traditional/contemporary study of voice, piano, strings (including Suzuki violin), guitar, winds, brass, and percussion instruments. Also available are private and group study in drama, and many optional hours of master classes, theory and sight-singing at no charge. Recital and other performance opportunities give students numerous experiences for growth.
Since 1978, The MAC students have been prominent performers in local and regional musical theater and opera, and have been accepted into highly acclaimed college music programs:
- 130 students accepted to UC College-Conservatory of Music (CCM) in the last 30 years (4 in 2012). Other notable schools are: Baldwin-Wallace, Baylor, Manhattan School of Music, Miami University, Northwestern, Oberlin, Carnegie-Mellon, Indiana University, University of Michigan, Vanderbilt, and Otterbein… just to name a few.
- Finalists every year in Overture Competition for 15 years… Last 2 years, 7 out of 8 of top finalists in Voice, 4 out of 8 in Music Theater
- In 2012 we sent 8 to the Schmidt Opera voice competition and 7 were in the top 10 and 1 took first place
Private lessons in voice are also available at the following branch locations (teachers subject to availability and location):
- Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy
- Mason High School
- Milford Junior High School
- Sycamore Junior High School
- Winton Woods High School